BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Retrospectacular 2010

Guess what, folks? Yes, it IS a long ways off, at least seemingly, but The Retrospectacular to Benefit NAMI (The National Alliance on Mental Illness) will be here before you know it. My co-organizer, Alicia Falworth, and I would like to announce that this year's Retrospectacular will be held Friday July 9, 2010 through Sunday July 11, 2010. This year's theme is the 1960's through the 1990's and we have several great ideas for builds and events but because those are subject to change, all I'll say at this point is I think you'll love it just as much as last year, if not more.

Also, one area we're looking to expand on greatly is the number of vendors we have. Last year, OMGWTF Barbecue created an adorable t-shirt for us and everyone seemed to love it. This year, we'd like to recruit tons more designers/content creators to make items for vendors. So, if you fit the bill, and would like to participate, please contact me, Katelynn Dastardly, either in-world, or at KatelynnDastardly@gmail.com. You can also contact Alicia Falworth in-world.

We are also looking for volunteers to help in a number of areas. Any in-world skills can be utilized as well as people with little to no skills. Don't think that just because you're not an expert builder or an expert in photoshop you can't be helpful. If you'd like to be involved or help in anyway, please contact Alicia or I in the same ways as mentioned above. There's something for everyone to do. We especially need djs, of course!

As with last year's event, all proceeds will go to NAMI (The National Alliance on Mental Illness). Here is their website, if you'd like more information:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hun (serafina here)

Hit me up with a list of things you need and I will figure out what I might be useful for.

I am thinking I can get a skin for each decade done by that time to give away. Just need to make sure they look halfway decent first.

I'm here for whatever you need. *hugs*

Katelynn Dastardly said...

Thank you so much, Sera! :)